Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Monday, August 19, 2013

Adieu

Well, it's been fun but it is time to say goodbye to "Lauren's Rhapsody". In less than 24 hours I will be set apart as a missionary.

Before I say Adios and head off to the MTC I will post some pictures from my adventures in Oregon.


We went on a short hike to a really cool view of like 5 different mountains. It was foggy. We saw 0 mountains.

Love this boy.

We saw a whole bunch of waterfalls! This is Bridal Veil Falls.

A random farm. With random chairs.

And lots of sunflowers.

Murder mystery dinner train ride.

The train.

Boat ride on the Columbia Gorge.

I fed some alpacas. At an alpaca farm.

Ski lift ride up...

to Mount Hood.


The beach.

Maegan and I bought little alpaca's.

Beach again.

That's a real live wild starfish. 

We went tide pooling. Awesome. That is seaweed.

Portland Temple. It was closed so we didn't get to go inside.
It was a wonderful trip. Seriously. I loved it. Oregon is beautiful and it was wonderful to spend time with my family right before I leave.

I want to thank all four of you for being faithful or even just occasional readers. I truly appreciate it.

While on my mission my lovely sister will be posting weekly letters on a new blog. The web address is sisterlaurenkasteler.blogspot.com. She will make sure that my mailing address gets updated as well. If she's slacking....tell her to stop slacking for me. :)

If you want to write me or send me packages in the MTC, this is my address:
Sister Lauren Kasteler
SEP03  FL-JAK
2007 N 900 E Unit  40
Provo UT 84602


And if you ran out of stamps or your mailbox got eaten by a velociraptor, feel free to send me an email at lauren.kasteler@myldsmail.net.

I promise that if you write, I will write back. It might not be for a while but I promise that I will eventually write back. :)

I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful 18 months! It's gonna fly :)

No comments: