Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Edwardo the swashbuckling parrot

p.s. I'm sorry this is kind of long.....

Easter weekend. I decided to come home for the weekend to spend Easter with my family. The weekend started with a great car ride with Jerrica! We talked a lot about how our first year of college is almost over. We don't to leave Logan for the summer and say goodbye to all the amazing friends we met there. I am so happy for the guys who are leaving on their missions! I sure am going to miss them!

I got home yesterday afternoon to an empty house. My mom and dad at an appointment, my sister at work, and my brother somewhere doing who knows what with his friends. I didn't really know what do do with myself so I did my nutrition quiz....whew! Only one more of those! I

That night we had salmon for dinner. YUM....there is nothing like Mom's cooking! I watched half of Indiana Jones and Tangled with my parents. My dad, of course, fell asleep. My brother got a new bed and it is so comfy. He went to a sleepover so I took advantage of the opportunity and went and laid on his bed. I wrote in my journal and then I talked to a very dear friend on the phone......for a really long time. What a great conversation it was!  We both ended up falling asleep and I woke up in the morning in my brother's amazing bed. :)

This morning I continued to write in my journal [I'm really behind :( ] Then I got ready and went to lunch with my mom, Maegan, and Spencer. We went to Pei Wei...yum. This is what my fortune said: "Opportunity awaits you on next Tuesday." I will definitely  update you if anything special happens on Tuesday. ;) I came home and crashed on the couch. My dad came home and laid on the couch as well. I love him SO much!

We went to dinner and then went and saw Soul Surfer. Its a good thing I didn't put any makeup on this morning. I didn't just tear up....the tears were streaming. It was an incredible movie and I am inspired. I definitely recommend that you go see it. After the movie I went and filled up my car with gas. What a painful experience.

Now I am sitting in the dining room listening to pandora, writing this post, and thinking about so many things. Maybe later I will fill you in on all the things that have been running through my mind. Tomorrow is Easter. The day we celebrate the Savior of the world. My Savior. I am so blessed to know about this amazing restored gospel. I know that Christ suffered for me, you, and everyone else out there. Isn't it miraculous? Wow. I just got the chills.

Tomorrow the Easter bunny will come. I'm going to my home ward in my Easter dress. :) Easter dinner with my family. What a treat! Then maybe I will go see my grandparents. I also might go to Dallas Olsen's house to see him open his mission call. Then I will drive back up to Logan. What a beautiful day! There is no other way I would rather spend my Easter Sunday than surrounded by my family and friends! The perfect way to start "dead week."

1 comment:

Judy said...

What a sweet blog. I loved reading all of it.
You are such a dear. I love you.