Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Friday, July 22, 2011

I Feel My Savior's Love: Trek 2011

Wake up at 3:15 AM.
Six hour bus ride.
Pioneer clothes.
Blue bracelets.
Hike around Martin's cove.
Eaten alive by mosquitoes.
All night long windstorm.
Pulling a handcart for two days.
Family Home Evening in a trailer during a thunderstorm.
Entire duffle bag drenched.
Pulling Jenn in the handcart up Rocky Ridge.
Very spiritual women's pull.
Play in the river.
"Kasteler's Smokehouse tri-tip."
Stake devotional.
Widow's Mite.
Testimony meeting.
30 degree night.
Pack up.
Six hour bus ride home.
Long shower.

Outcome:
17 mosquito bites.
Sunburned hands, nose, and calves.
Tan lines. :)
35 miles.
One blister.
Amazing trek family.
892 pictures.
Best ward family ever.
Love.
Many tears shed.
Countless whisperings of the spirit to my heart.
Answers to prayers.
Strengthened testimony.
I feel my Savior's love.
Remember.

No comments: