Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Friday, December 28, 2012

47

I'm a slacker. Yes, I am.

My semester ended very busy but very well. I ended up with almost all As. It was definitely the hardest semester of my college career but I loved it. And I miss my third grade class a lot.

I'm starting student teaching in January. eeek! JANUARY. In 12 days it will be my first day. I am so excited/nervous/scared/not ready/ready.

The week before Christmas. Was pretty crazy. Lots of shopping, a wedding, a couple dates, a few parties, ran errands, Oakcrest reunion.

Sandy Hook. What a nightmare. I still think about it all the time. I'm going to be a teacher. What would I do if that happened at my school? My heart breaks for that community.

My Christmas was incredible.

Christmas eve I saw a movie and went to dinner with my family. We opened our Christmas pajamas. I started/finished wrapping. Then I took some time before bed to think about Christ. At Oakcrest the last week of camp was Christmas and we all wrote letters to Heavenly Father to tell him what we were giving Christ for Christmas. I opened up that letter and read it. I'm still working on the gifts to my Savior. But that is something that we should work on all throughout the year. Not just in December (and August if you are at Oakcrest.)

Christmas day. I was very excited about what I got my family for Christmas. Isn't that one of the best feelings when you figure out the perfect Christmas gift?? My family blessed me so much this Christmas. My favorite Christmas gifts that I was given was a 72-hour kit and a beautiful cedar chest. I also got some sweaters and some games. If anyone wants to have a game night....I would love it.

Then, I shoveled the driveway, cleaned the house, helped my mom make food, delivered gifts to the cousins and exchanged gifts with a good friend. THEN, it was time for the party. Almost all of my mom's side of the family came over, we ate tons of food, talked, ate dessert, talked some more, watched Spencer and Elliot play their annual football game, opened presents, talked some more, and then everyone left. To finish up the night I watched Scrooge with my family. It was a fantastic day.

The past couple days....wow. I have been so lazy. I don't really want to talk about it actually.

Today is my daddy's birthday. I miss him. I hope that I am making him proud.

Tonight I'm going to Jerrica's. We have big plans. Titanic, DI, outlet mall. It's gonna be epic. Try not to be jealous.

One more week of Christmas break. I can't decide if it is going by too fast or too slow. And Tuesday will be 2013. I hope you are all thinking of some new years resolutions. I'm working on it.

I think...that is all. I'm sorry for the long and boring update. I will try for some consistency.

Temple Square. Love.

Brown paper packages tied up with string. Yes, my mom is so creative.

My best friends and me.


No comments: