Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Celebrate. Remember. Fight Back.

 


Friday night. We did something hard. We stayed up the entire night. Why in the world did we do that?

Relay for Life.

I created a team in honor of my dad.

This was my BBQ This! Relay for Life team. Throughout the entire night at least one of us was walking around the track of the fieldhouse.

We did this to fight cancer. It symbolized that cancer never sleeps. We were celebrating, remembering, and fighting back.

Our team worked very hard on fundraising. Our total was $1,152.12. Out of all 33 USU Relay for Life teams we raised $22,219.77. 

The money will go towards cancer research and services for individuals who have cancer and their families. We are fighting for a world with more birthdays.

It was hard. 

There were moments when I felt like my legs were about to fall off. There were times when all I wanted to do was sleep. There were moments when I felt so emotionally drained and thought that I wasn't going to be able to do it. 

It was completely worth it.

It's really neat to be a part of something like that. 

It's a good feeling knowing that you are making a difference.

For more information go to relaforlife.org. 

No comments: