Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tender Mercies

Sometimes my prayers aren't answered right away. Sometimes I worry if everything is going to work out. Sometimes I have second thoughts about decisions I have made. Sometimes I don't know if I am doing the best thing for me. Sometimes I worry about the future.

And then....sometimes all at once my prayers are answered and I know that I have made the right decisions. I know that everything will work out. Everything comes together and I am confident about the future.

What did it take? Well first of all, lots of prayer and trust in the Lord. Even though my prayers weren't answered right away I kept doing what I thought was right. I had faith that if I was making the wrong decision, my Heavenly Father would let me know. If I was making the right decision he would somehow make sure that everything worked out.

And then, all at once everything fell together. A change in my major. A job for the summer. A very generous scholarship. These were the answers that I needed. I am making the right decision and I know everything will work out. It is all falling into place.

I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows me and knows me better than I will ever know myself. He knows my divine potential and wants to help me in any way he can to reach it. He always answers my prayers in His own time and in His own way. He sees the eternal perspective and has a plan for this imperfect Daughter of His. I am overwhelmed, humbled, and grateful for his infinite love.

What a beautiful day.

1 comment:

Amanda Schroeder said...

Isn't prayer just amazing? Really..

I have found {very recently} how sometimes you have to make a decision, and THEN you will get your answer. It's crazy. The gospel is amazing!