Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Greatest Gift

I am absolutely sure that Jesus Christ is my Savior. He came to this earth and lived a perfect life of charity and love. He was the only one who could atone for each and every person. That includes you and me. He mercifully suffered and died so we could return to live with our Heavenly Father again. He suffered so I could be forgiven of the countless sins I commit every day. He made it possible for me to live with my family for all eternity. I know that even though my dad passed away from cancer only a few months ago, I can see him again. What joy this brings me! This is because of my savior. Also, because of my Savior I know that I am not alone. He knows exactly how I feel throughout every moment of my life. He is there to comfort me when I feel like I do not deserve his love, when I lack the courage I need, when I need comfort and peace to carry on. He not only suffered for all my sins but for my trials and challenges as well. I know that He is always there, carrying me through the challenges I face everyday. He atoned for every sin, challenge, imperfection, heartache, and trial we face be cause He loves each of us infinitely. He loves me, his imperfect daughter, more than I can comprehend. I know that he had to die for us to complete the atonement. I also know that on the third day he rose and HE LIVES. I love Easter and the opportunity we have to celebrate His resurrection! He has given us a great gift. I love my Savior. "I will trust, and not be afraid, for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." (2 Nephi 22:2).


P.S. I just realized that this is post #193. I do not think that it is a coincidence that "I Stand All Amazed" is hymn #193.



I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
 Oh, it is wonderful, to me!

No comments: