Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, April 29, 2012

What have I learned?

Today at church my great bishop asked us a question. He asked us what we have learned this year. So, I started thinking about it. What have I learned this past year? 

This past year has been full of challenges and I have come to know my Savior more. I know he is there to help me in every moment of my life. I have learned that I must trust my Heavenly Father at all times. Even though I don't know what is going to happen or how things are going to work out, I do know that God has a plan for me. He has promised me endless blessings if I but follow Him in faith and trust in His great Plan of Happiness. He loves me and knows my great potential and will help me get there.

I am so grateful for every moment of my life. This has been the hardest year of my life. As I sit here and think about all the things that have happened in this past year I am in awe. I am in awe that my Heavenly Father trusts me enough to give me all these trials. He knows me very personally and knows exactly what challenges to give me to make me stronger and better. He lifts me up and makes me stronger so that I can handle all of the experiences he gives me. 

I am so grateful that because of His infinite love He has put me in the refiner's fire. He wants me to return and live with Him again and is polishing me some more before I can get there. 

No comments: