Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, November 18, 2012

One Year

One year ago a part of my heart left this earth. I can't believe that it has been a year. At the same time I can't believe that it has only been a year. I think about him every single day and miss him so much. Sometimes I just want to call him on the phone or give him a big hug or snuggle up next to him and cry on his shoulder. Sometimes I get sad because I won't get to dance with him on the night of my wedding and he won't ever get to hold my children. I want to hear his laugh, I want him to brush my hair, I want him to tickle me or chase me around the house. I miss him everyday. 

I am so grateful that I was "born in the Covenant" and I know that because my parents decided to get married in the House of the Lord, I can see my daddy again. It isn't a "till death do us part" kind of thing. It is FOREVER. My family is forever.

I know that his mission in this life was over. He had done what he needed to here. Now, he is continuing to work in the Spirit world. There are things that he needs to do to help my family but that he couldn't have done while he was on earth. There are people he needs to help in the spirit world. 

He is with his sister, my Aunt Jenni. He is with his grandparents, his great grandparents, and other ancestors who went before him. And maybe he met Joseph Smith like he always dreamed he would. 

Also, I know that he is still with me. I can't see him. But sometimes I can feel him. He will be there when I get married and he will send my children love when they come to earth. He is with me when I am sad and feeling alone or confused.

I know that I will see him again. How great will that day be when I can run into his arms and give him a huge hug! I promise to live my life in a way that I can be worthy to see him and live with him again. 



1 comment:

Amanda Schroeder said...

I can't believe it's been a year either! So crazy how quickly time goes by. Your lucky to have a fabulous guardian angel.