Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, May 18, 2013

On a run.

Today I went on a run with my roommate. 
We talked about beauty. About what the world says that beauty is. 
We talked about how sometimes we compare ourselves to others and feel like our bodies aren't skinny enough or we don't look beautiful enough. 
We talked about how when we feel this way we feel distance between ourselves and God. This is what Satan wants. He wants us to make our looks our priority. 
This leads to eating disorders, lack of self-confidence and self-worth, depression, obsessions over exercising, financial difficulty, addiction, pride, family disintegration, and so many more things that make Satan smile. 
And Guess what! The flawless body that the world says you need is NOT realistic. We can't all be a size zero, have clear skin, a big chest, perfect hair, and designer clothes. That kind of beauty is unattainable and even if you do achieve it, it won't bring you true happiness.
We talked about how we are so grateful for the gospel and know that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and looks for Deep Beauty. He made us the way that we are and gave us this wonderful body. 
Don't hate something that God gave you. Don't abuse that gift he has given you. 
He loves you they way that you are. He sees the whole picture. He sees the person you were in the pre-mortal life and he sees the person you can become in the eternities. 
Yes, you should strive to look your best and take care of your body, but it should not be your highest priority. 
Your highest priority should be making God proud and living worthy to go to the temple and be in His presence. Live so that you can Be Accepted of the Lord.
Live in a way that you are Beautiful to Him
I had a precious experience at Oakcrest last summer. It was something that one of my girls said during testimony meeting. It was something along these lines. 
"Christ is perfect. When He sees us, he sees the parts of us that are like him. Therefore, in us, he sees perfection." 
I know that I'm not perfect but that is wonderful! I have a life to live to become more like my Savior. I can become more and more like him every single day! It doesn't matter what my pant size or how many pimples I have on my face. He created me. 
And he made me Beautiful.


Guess what.


You are beautiful.

No comments: