Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011-The Year of Our House

This year has been filled with so many ups and so many downs! I think it is cheesy that everyone writes things like "Thanks to all my family and friends for all their love and support this year. You guys have made it great." But this year....I honestly want to thank each and every person in my life. This year has been a hard one and there are so many people who have helped me through it. From kind notes on Facebook, to driving hundreds of miles to see me, to letting me cry in your arms, to encouraging me to keep pushing forward, the list could go on and on. I wish I could list each one of your names, but that is an impossible task, because I know that there are people who deserve to be on that list that I have never met, nor will I ever meet them. My heart is so grateful for you.

So I decided to look back and remember this year. Here are a few highlights. I hope you enjoy :)

Went skiing for the first time,
lost my phone skiing,
went to Lava Hot Springs with Jerrica, Jen, and Kenz,
photoshoot with Jer and Jen,
IWA Dance with Joshua Gathro,
drove to Idaho in the middle of the night with amazing friends,
turned 19 years of age,
went to St. George for the most amazing spring break ever with Jerrica, Kenzee, Jen, Josh, Richie, Fran, Caleb, and....Chris,
went skiing for the second time of my life,
started my blog,
continued to watch many friends open mission calls,
finished my first year of college,
went to the temple 8 times within 48 hours with Jer, Molly, and Michael,
went to Seven Peaks with Jer, Kenz, Richie, Michael, and Josh,
said goodbye to Michael for two years,
went on the most amazing vacation with my beautiful family to Alaska,
volunteered at Camp Hawkins with Bethie,
said goodbye to Richie,
worked for Okland Construction for the summer,
helped at a wedding,
said goodbye to Taylor, Ben, Josh, Fran, Caleb, Dallas, and Jaron,
went to dear Bo Pennington's Funeral,
went to the Park City Arts Festival with Dallin,
got a smartphone,
went night hiking with Tiffany,
hung out with my favorite six-year-old,
had an amazing time on trek,
got accepted into the Elementary Education program,
climbed and had a chance to operate a tower crane,
moved into Jones Hall,
started my third semester of college,
spontaneous trip to Logan to visit Molly,
got my heart broken,
camped in a cave with Mike, Cameron, Kevin, and Jer,
went to the paint dance,
went yard saleing with Jer,
seven weeks of practicum in the preschool,
went to a mustache party with Jer, Jen, Cameron, and Eric,
cleaned the sink at Angie's for the first time,
spent conference weekend with my family in a cabin,
skipped two weeks of school,
five weeks of practicum in second grade,
said goodbye to my best friend, my hero, my daddy,
finished my third semester of college,
got accepted into the Special Education Program,
got a job as a UTF for spring semester,
went to Tyler's farewell,
spent the holiday season with my family.

Well, there ya go. What a flood of memories! I cannot explain the growth that has come from this year! All of these incredible people and experiences have taught me so much about myself and about my life. Here are a bunch pictures from the year!
























2 comments:

Amanda Schroeder said...

I enjoyed reading every single one of these little memories. I hope you know that you're an inspiration. It just took me a little longer to realize it because we unfortunately didn't really hang out in high school. Your faith is remarkable, and the light about you is exceptional. You're amazing, Lauren. Thanks for being such a great example.

♥ xo.

Judy said...

Ditto to "pay it forward"
Love you tons.