Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Happenings.

So, what has going on in my life you might ask? Frankly, you probably don't really care. But, I'm going to tell you anyway. 

This week was....well, it was weird. I don't know. Still trying to figure out this semester. Lots of emotional ups and downs. Trying to motivate myself to do school. (It's not workin' out too well.) Lots of rain. Then some snow. Yeah.... it's just been weird.

Tonight I had the lovely opportunity to go to a movie with Jer and Kenz. We went and saw Joyful Noise. Wow. I was impressed. I would highly recommend  that you see it. It was a wonderful mix of music, humor, love, attractive people, and more humor. What made it even more delightful was that we were the only three in the theater. Yes, it was completely empty besides us. Fantastic. 

Also, tonight I got a surprise call from my best friend, Bethany. It was wonderful to hear her beautiful voice and talk about life. I miss her. A lot. 

I have applied to a few places for the summer. I really need to find a job. Wednesday, I got a call from one of those places.... they wanted to set up an interview. Oh, how exciting. I'll let you know how it goes. Maybe. 

This week I get to teach a lesson for my UTF job. Did I tell you that I am a UTF (Undergraduate Teaching Fellow)? Well, in case you didn't know, I will tell you right now. I am a UTF for an ELED 1010 class. I have my own office hours and I get to teach some lessons to the class. This week I get to teach a lesson about the Educational Autobiography that they will be writing. I'm really excited! I will tell you how it goes.

Every Friday at the Logan Institute there is a Religion In Life devotional. I love them. They bring in speakers who are past mission presidents, church authorities, institute professors, and other inspiring speakers. They are always great. This past Friday was no exception. Brother Todd McKenna spoke to us. He spoke to us about Faith. The whole thing was really inspiring, but one thing in particular stuck out to me. He talked about how sometimes we get disappointed or discouraged with our life or our situations. This is not okay! This is exactly what Satan wants. He wants us to be discouraged and unhappy with our lives. We cannot give into him! I need to work on this. Lately, I have often found myself discouraged with certain aspects of my life. I need to remember that God is over all and if I have faith in Him, things will always work out the way they are supposed to. I know this is true. Sometimes it is hard not to get discouraged. But I'm going to be better. 
Hold me to it. :)

2 comments:

Judy said...

It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out. If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us . . . If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, he will hear our prayers.

PRESIDENT GORDON B. HINCKLEY

Judy said...

oops. That needs quotation marks!!!