Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Life and Death

We'll see how this goes.....


So I decided that life is a funny thing. Yesterday I had the privilege to help at a wedding reception. It was absolutely beautiful and went without a hitch. A perfect location, weather that couldn't be better, a beautiful cake, amazing music, gorgeous flowers, incredible people and happiness that cannot be put into words. Today, I attended the funeral of one of the most compassionate men that the world ever knew. My heart aches for his dear family. Today, I also got to go to the Draper Temple to do baptisms for the dead. Ultimate peace.

As I think of these three events and how they all ended up being within 24 hours of each other, I can't help but think of life and death. God sends us to this earth at a specific time, to a specific place, in a certain family. We have a certain amount of time on this earth to gain knowledge and experience. We don't know what that time frame is. All I know is that we are given time and we are responsible for what we do with it. So what should we do? I guess to each person that is different. Some people go to school for a long time and earn lots of money in their career. Others marry young and struggle to make ends meet. Others don't even live past their childhood. What you do with the time you are given makes all the difference. Do you give of your talents and help those around you? Or do you focus on your own welfare and success? Do you strive your best to pray everyday and study the scriptures? Do you forgive and forget? Or do you constantly hold a grudge? I am not perfect. I make mistakes everyday, but I try my best. These past couple days have helped me realize that I need to try even harder.


Life is short so make it count. What do people see when the look at me? What is God going to say to me when I meet him again? How are people going to remember me when I die? 

1 comment:

Judy said...

Lauren, You are an amazing young woman. I love your insight and logic. I love you. Judy