Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Last day...bittersweet

So Friday was my last day. I didn't think I would ever say this but I might kind of miss work. I am definitely going to miss the income but I also like the people I was working with.They are all older, mostly married, and definitely not the kind of people I would usually associate with but we had fun.

My boss absolutely loved me and I managed to convince him to buy us pizza on my last day (it wasn't hard). We had delicious pizzas from the Pie.

Also, on my last day I did it. I climbed the 200 foot tall tower crane. It was crazy. Ladders all the way up. It was so cool! The view of the valley was absolutely incredible! I got to work some of the controls in the crane and actually picked up a 5,000 lb piece of concrete! It was fun.


That is the building that I have been working on (mostly sweeping) for the past 3 months.

That's me on top of the 200 foot tall tower crane with a beautiful view of the Salt Lake valley.
*you can't really tell but I'm wearing a USU shirt. Go Aggies!

Looking down the middle of the crane.

That's me while I was climbing down the crane. Also, another beautiful view of the valley.
p.s. Don't judge my wonderful work outfit.

So....no more work. No more dust. No more driving to the U of U everyday. No more large scale sweeping. No more 90 degree building. No more getting up at 4:15 in the morning. No more income.

Now, I need to find a new job.....in Logan.

No comments: