Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Monday, May 21, 2012

Dear.

Dear Blog Readers (yes, all three of you),

I know you are all quite jealous, but I am departing to Disneyland this afternoon. I'm sorry that lately I haven't been too good at updating you on what as been going on. How about I sum up the weekend for you??

Saturday. Wow. Third day of Oakcrest training. Incredible. So fun. We cleaned and took our staff picture. We also found out our first set of roommates. I'm sure all of the non-redheads are quite jealous that they didn't end up with us in The Casa de Rojo. I am so excited to move up to camp on Sunday and start camp! I don't even think you can begin to understand how I feel about this opportunity. Unless of course, you do have this opportunity.

After training I went to dinner with my momma. Then I caught up with Lex and Tiff. That was great. Oh, and I love Cold Stone.

Sunday. The day of rest. Oh, how I am grateful for a day of rest each week.

Sunday Night. I'm sorry to say that I missed the solar eclipse. But don't worry, I was at my brother's Eagle Court of Honor. Eight other boys also received the rank of Eagle. What a sacred and beautiful ceremony. A wonderful tribute to my incredible father. And I know he was there in spirit. He is proud of every single one of those boys and is especially proud of Spencer.

So proud of you, Spencer.
What handsome young men they are.
Yes, He is fourteen years old. Yes, he is tall.

And now, I need to continue packing and getting things ready. Thank you so much for reading. I will talk to you on Saturday!

Love Always,
Lauren

1 comment:

Tadja Leigh said...

jealous!! just got to disneyland why don't ya!!! :) Oakcrest is going to be AMAZING..the glimpse we had Saturday has me going crazy and counting down the days! see you sooon! -PINK!