Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

I am quite sorry for my decrease in blog posts this past week. (Well, I don't know how many people would even notice. I can probably count my consistent readers on one hand.) Anyway, I have been SUPER busy.

It snowed today! Wahoo! I actually really love the snow. Yeah it's cold, and it isn't fun to scrape it off of your car at 7:00 in the morning (especially in Logan), and after it has been there a while it looks really gross because of the pollution, but other than that I think it is so fun and beautiful! I love how the snow makes everything look so magical and I love playing in the snow: snowball fights, sledding, ice skating, skiing.

In celebration of the snow I am currently listening to Christmas Music. Please don't judge me because of that. I know a lot of people get annoyed with people who listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but I don't mind. I really love the ENTIRE  holiday season. That includes Thanksgiving. There just isn't a whole lot of good Thanksgiving music. Anyway, I'll Be Home For Christmas. :)

This morning at 8:00 I went with Jerrica, Mike, Cameron and Eric to a place. A secret place. It may or may not have had a No Trespassing sign on it. Anyway, we went there because Mike is an awesome photographer. He needed models and since we are The Best Friends Ever, we were his models. I'm not too good at the whole model face thing but it was so fun! It was cold as well. But the fresh snow made for some amazing pictures! At one point Mike told us to have a snowball fight for a couple pictures. I wanted my mittens to stay dry so I could put them on after the snowball fight so I participated in the snowball fight with bare hands. Painful! My hands were so cold and I could not even feel them. I'm excited to see all those amazing pictures, Mike.

I think the snow is so pretty. Absolutely beautiful. I once had a seminary teacher share something about snow with my class. He compared snow to the Atonement. The snow covers the ground, the trees, the cars, everything. Likewise, the Atonement covers everything in our lives. It covers our pain, our sins, our heartaches, our imperfections, our fears, our trials, everything. I know that the Atonement covers all of the horrible things in life, and because of it I can return to live with my Heavenly Father again. My Savior made it possible. When it snows, I think of my Savior, his sacrifice for all mankind, and this glorious Plan of Salvation.

Have I told you yet how ECSTATIC I am for the Holidays?!
Hallelujah!!!!

No comments: