Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Dear Readers


Dear Readers,

Help me Spread the Word to End the Word. I invite you to be a fan of respect and join me in an on-going campaign to stop the use of the word ‘retard(ed)’ or as we call it, the “R-word.” The “R-word” is hate speech that is offensive, incorrect, derogatory, spreads hurt, and ignores individuality. Over 225,000 people have pledged their support since the campaign launched in 2009, and I hope you can join me by making your pledge to end the use of the R-word.

Please visit www.r-word.org and take the pledge and pass this email along to all your friends so together we can create communities of acceptance and inclusion for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.

Much Love,
Lauren Kasteler

No comments: