Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Monday, December 26, 2011

The Spirit of CHRIST

Well, Christmas Day is over. Presents unwrapped, food eaten, and hearts full. My heart is very full. I had a wonderful Christmas day spent with all of my incredible family.

1. This morning I opened presents with my family. Oh, man I love them. Although we feel slightly broken we are so close and know that we have eternity to look forward to.
2. Then we went to church. My home ward is definitely my ward family.  At the high school we are known as "THE WARD". We are so close. It is incredible, really. We have all been through so much together throughout the years and we would all do almost anything for each other.
3. Then my dad's entire side of the family came over which was great. We exchanged gifts. It is crazy how so many different types of people can come together with so much love.
4. Next, we went to dinner and my uncle's house with my mom's entire side of the family. We ate tons of delicious food, exchanged gifts, talked, and played games. I love these parties.
5. I finished the day the same way it started, with my mom, brother and sister. I love them. So much.

Family. Family is the perfect way to spend Christmas. The most important reason we celebrate Christmas is CHRIST. Heavenly Father sent his son to this earth, in a very humble circumstance, so he could live and die for each of us. I know that this is true. He suffered for every pain and trial and sin in our life so that we can return to His presence and live with our family for eternity. I can't think of a better Christmas present.

My Savior


2 comments:

Yvette said...

It was great seeing you yesterday, Lauren. You and your family are constantly in my mind and in my prayers. I am glad you had a great day.

penny said...

Beautiful post and complete truth.