Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I always think of a title after I write the post.

Why am I still awake? Oh gosh, I should be asleep.

There are so many things on my mind. So many things on my plate. It is hard to keep track of everything I need to do and worry about. I think I might worry too much. But then again, when there is so much pain, is there such thing as too much worrying?

One of my professors said something today. She said "The moment you walk through that door, you put your backpack down and leave all your troubles and stresses at the door. When you are at school, the only thing that matters is the students. Then, when you pick up that backpack at the end of the day, you will find that it is lighter."

I can't wait to make teaching my passion. I can't wait to make a difference in the lives of my students.

It reminds me of the Gospel. If I bring my backpack of stresses to the Lord, he will make it lighter. Christ went through the Atonement. He knows what I am going through and he can help to make my burdens light. He loves me and wants me to be happy.

I also think this applies to service. I like to think that as a teacher I will serve those children with all my might, mind, and strength. When you serve, you forget all of your trials and you focus on the people you are serving. Serving those individuals usually puts your own problems into perspective and they are easier to handle.

Thanks Kaelin.

Anyway, Time for bed.

1 comment:

Judy said...

There have been times, however, I'm sorry to say, that when I picked up my backpack AFTER school -- that it seemed heavier. I like the analogy of the gospel really well. It always works. Love you.