Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Simple Truths of Service.

Today in the place of one of my classes I went to a seminar. Two principals talked to us about expectations for teachers. One of those is customer service. They showed us this video:
I actually cried during this video. Right there in the Edith Bowen Auditorium. Johnny taught me a valuable lesson about how one person can make a difference. Then, I went to Religion in Life where the speaker talked about service a little bit. These two moments reminded of the simple truths of service. Everyone has trials in their lives. Everyone is having a hard time. Sometimes I forget that. I focus on the things I am dealing with in my life and forget that everyone else is fighting their own battles. I have a lot easier life compared to most of the world! I can definitely afford to help other people and give of myself. How can I put others' needs before my own and help to make their lives easier? I'm trying to figure that out. I will start by praying to my Heavenly Father for opportunities to serve. I will also work harder to not think about my problems and trials as much. I hope that someday I will be a woman that people look at and say "Wow, she has hard things in her life, but that doesn't stop her from doing good things for other people every chance she gets."


No comments: