Fear not. Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

President Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, September 8, 2011

I bet she makes really good zucchini bread.

Sometimes I say things before thinking about what I'm going to say. I need to work on that. I need to think about whether or not what I'm going to say will hurt someone's feelings. Or if what I say will affect their thinking in a negative way. I don't always think. Too much sarcasm. Too much teasing.

A goal not written down is only a wish. So here is my goal. I will try my hardest to think about what I'm going to say, before I say it. If what I want to say might make someone upset, I won't say it.


On a different note. I want to tell you about two different things that happened to me in the past couple days.

One. 
On Wednesday I went to my night institute class. It was amazing. Truly. After class I headed over to my bike to pedal myself home. I looked at my phone and I had a missed call. Cortney Kochevar. One of my favorite Young Women's leaders. More than that. A true friend. So, I called her back. We talked. She just wanted to see how I was doing. I don't think she knew how much that really meant to me.

Two.
After class today I went home and pulled out my computer. I went on to Facebook. I had a message. I'm not going to tell you everything she said but the message included these words: leading, beautiful, light, impressed, inside and out. She also doesn't realize how much that Facebook message meant to me.

"God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs."
Spencer W. Kimball



Isn't that pretty?




That is all.

No comments: